TotalCAE sponsored and presented at the CONVERGE Global User Conference September 19th-23rd 2022.
We had a client present on their work, and had a great time seeing our other CONVERGE clients again, including friends at Convergent Science.
As part of the conference we have added a free course to TotalCAE University on how to submit, monitor, and manage CONVERGE jobs to TotalCAE HPC clusters, and TotalCAE on Cloud Infrastructure from AWS and Azure:
The biggest news from the conference was Convergent Science announced their Horizon cloud platform for CONVERGE joining the other ISV’s with a direct cloud offering. Horizon may be a good solution if you need pay as you go CONVERGE licensing. Some advantages TotalCAE has when considering a cloud strategy for your CAE department:
- We host in your company’s cloud subscription, so you can pay the lowest possible costs for cloud infrastructure directly to AWS or Azure, starting at $2.88 an hour for 96 cores.
- Run large scale jobs with multiple nodes connected with InfiniBand or AWS EFA. See InfiniBand benefits for CONVERGE here.
- Hosting in your cloud subscription enables transparent access to your existing paid CAE/CFD licensing.
- Hosting in your cloud environment enables IT control and visibility into security and possible higher bandwidth downloads if you have Azure Express Route or AWS Direct Connect.
- Support 100’s of CAE and CFD applications with one solution, and one place to go for IT CAE support.
- Have an identical interface and workflow for on-prem (for lowest constant workload cost) and cloud, with one vendor supporting all your CAE applications for all your workloads on-prem or cloud.
- Support for all the major HPC cloud infrastructure providers.
- Support for integrated cloud desktops on-demand starting at $1.34 per hour for pre/post processing to avoid the cloud download penalty.